Sunday, November 30, 2008

Two more weeks!

Yes, it's true. Only one week left of classes and one week of finals this semester. I hope you are all rooting for me, because it's gonna be hard. Mostly because every bit of me gave up before the Thanksgiving break so I am VERY behind. But I am gonna make it through the next couple weeks, and then maybe I will have adjusted to my new life. Yes, it's a new life. Everything is different now. But don't worry friends, I will come to grips with it and come out on top.

Today during Sunday school I was reading for institute. (I have Sunday school ADD, so I gave up on trying to pay attention.) I found a couple scripture that made me think. The first (Not numerically, but I don't want to end on it) is in D&C 76:29
"Wherefore, he [Satan] maketh war with the saints of God, and encompasseth them round about."

In the past few months I have really begun to understand what this means. There are all the trials happening because of Proposition 8, and other things going on in the world, but I have come to see it on a more personal note too. So my though was this. We have to keep fighting. Because we are in a war against the adversary and it isn't ever going to get easier. But if we continue fighting, we will "overcome all things" and witness God "subdue all enemies under his feet. (D&C 76:60-61) So don't give up! Keep fighting.

The next thought came from reading D&C 76:10.
"For by my Spirit will I enlighten them, and by my power will I make known unto them the secrets of my will. . ."

This was comforting because lately I have felt like God's will for me is a secret. There are things I know I should be doing, and others I am at a total loss to figure out. But I am a begotten daughter of God (D&C 76:24) and he will not leave me alone and if I seek to know His will for me, he will let me know.

And to bring both these thoughts to a close, read D&C 76:2-
"Great is his wisdom, marvelous are his ways, and the extent of his doing none can find out. His purposes fail not, neither are there any who can stay his hand. From eternity to eternity he is the same, and his years never fail."

No comments: