




Last weekend I went to Orem. We (my mom and I) left and Friday and spent a rather boring night at my brother's house. His boxer puppy was rather entertaining, however. I have always wanted one, and now I want one even more so! On Saturday morning, we went flower shopping with the newlyweds. It was fun, since my sister-in-law hasn't had her own garden before and was excited to plant her flowers. It took this photo at Lowe's of one of the fine specimens:

Next, we went with Emilie to get a wedding dress. It really was not the most fun experience of my life admittedly, as it involved a lot of waiting around, watching girls scrutinize themselves in gowns, and wishing I was in their shoes. After a couple long hours and a very helpful sales lady, Emilie did get the dress she wanted ordered.
After that ordeal, Emilie and her fiance, and my mom and I went to Thanksgiving Point. The object was to get more engagement photos of the two, which did happen, but of course I couldn't resist taking photos of everything else around us and stalking the booth vendors to see if they had Etsy shops (3 of them did).



After this, we had some Costa Vida for dinner, and my mom and I headed back home. Terribly exciting, I know!
Some time during the week, I took this photo that I was very happy with! I love Lightroom and all the tricks I can do with it, by the way :)

I celebrated my 23rd birthday on Wednesday in pretty grand fashion! I went out to lunch at the Thai restaurant with my mom, and then we went to Wal-Mart and did a little shopping. My mom bought me the movie Tron as a birthday gift :) I really love the movie! I am a nerd, yes. After that, I taught my students, then performed with my quintet. To end the day, I had angel food cake with strawberries and cream, with my family and a bunch of teenagers. And then I watched Tron by myself and made some jewelry and started a sale in my Etsy shop.
The real excitement happened on Thursday. My mom, Michelle, John and I went to Las Vegas! We first visited the Ferrari store at the Wynn, and then did some unfruitful shopping at Victoria's Secret. It was pretty fun!
We had pizza for dinner, and my aunt gave me my birthday present. It was a lot of practical stuff for my China trip, such as a water bottle holder and anti-diarrheal medicine. It was funny.
After our wonderful pizza dinner, we went swimming. Michelle and I are so silly sometimes! We have been visiting my aunt in Vegas since we were little, and we would do things like syncronized swimming, the game shark and dolphins (though we can't even remember what the object of the game was), and other silly things. You would think we would have grown out of these antics, but no! We played with fun noodles. We pretended they were seahorses and that we were racing them. It was so very silly, and oh so much fun! Not to mention great exercise.
After swimming, my aunt surprised me with a cake! I was amused to find that it was an angel food cake, and that she had strawberries and ice cream to go with it.
On Friday, we went to the Bellagio in the morning, where I got several fun photos!






This last one was really fun to process. I did a little editing in Lightroom first, and then I pulled it up in Gimp and put on a texture I found on Deviantart.com. What do you think?Next, we went to the forum shops at Caesar's Palace and got lost. It's really a fun place:

It's funny, I know a lot of people HATE going to Vegas. Crowds. Sleeve. Dirt. Foreign languages. But I think it's so fun! Minus the sleeze. Their is such great diversity and energy there. I love seeing all the different people.
That basically ended our Vegas adventures. One of those days I got some new shoes for my China trip. But I don't really remember how that fit in. I'm a bit tired right now. Silly insomnia!
Then we took my grandma back to her house in Ely, which I am sure she was happy for. The most exciting that happened during that time was getting stuck in construction in the Nevada desert.

The rest of the time in Ely was spent watching Say Yes to the Dress, listening to my great aunt complain about her TV (no, it's not dim, you're just blind) and her chair, and telling my grandma that she was taking her medicine right. Oh, how I dread getting old at times!
So now I'm 23 and I don't feel any different than I did at 17, really. I'm wonder if that will ever change.
Oh, lastly, you should really read this post on my Creations blog. You'll be sad if you don't I think. I promise this is the last time I will pester you about!
That's all :)




4 comments:
Busy Week!
Yay! Vegas was super fun, as was watching Say Yes to the Dress! I am glad that you had a happy birthday!
Happy Be-lated Birthday! Vegas sounds like so much fun, I've never been but it's on my list!
I wish I was 23 again, I'm going to be 29 this summer and I'm only slightly freaking out about it... You'll slowly start to feel it creep up :) Not a bad thing, but just different and well... older. lol
Beautiful pictures, btw!
Yes, it was a busy, but fun week! Mush, I told you you worried too much :) Thanks Sara! Vegas is really fun, that's for sure. I have heard that 29-30 are some of the best years of people's lives. I guess we will find out!
Post a Comment