Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sorry it's been so long. . .



But if you would like to get weekly updates about my life, you should be following my Creation's blog. Plus, once I get 6 more followers I am having a giveaway! To be a part of that giveaway, you have to follow my Creation's blog.

I have had a few adventures since I last posted. The first one happened 3 weeks ago on a Friday. I took Michelle to SUU for some pre-prom shoots. The photos turned out really cute! Here are the favorites:



The next day, I went out for a grand adventure with my friend Tyson. We started by going to Toquerville Falls. I really only got one photo I was happy with:

It's kind of a neat place. Next, we went. . . somewhere between there are Leeds. We hiked around a bunch of red rocks and took some pictures (I bet you're very surprised!)





As you will notice, I have been experimenting a little with my editing. It's been really fun! I've been getting really involved on the website Etsy, and looking at the vintage/shabby chic shops have really rubbed off on my style.

The following Tuesday, it was off to Beaver. I taught violin, then me and Tyson went taking pictures again. I really only got these two good ones:



Just kidding, I liked this one too.

It was pretty fun. I think Beaver is actually really pretty. I like the mountains there, and the general feel of the town. It has been really fun to teach there! My students are all very cute too, and a couple of them work hard, ha ha.

Emilie and her fiance came for a visit last weekend, and I took some engagement photos for them. Our favorites:





See? More vintage edits! I guess once you see something enough you start to like it?

This week has been sort of crazy! I have been working hard to get some product ready, because I am doing a booth at the fundraiser for Hope for the Change. I am really excited about it, and also quite nervous! I will be displaying my handmade jewelry and photo prints. Oh, and Luke Heaton of Whittlesticks is making some jewelry stands for me. It will be great! Here are some recent examples of my jewelry:







In the last couple weeks I have made around 25 bracelets, mostly for infants and toddlers, and about 20 pairs of earrings. I went on a packaging kick one night for some reason. Here's what they look like all bagged up in a box:



I have also been going through the headache of getting ready to go to china. The orchestra keeps asking for more money than I have and giving last minute notices about stuff I need to get to them. Last Thursday I was feeling very stressed about this, so after rehearsal my friend Marin (who is also going to China) and her brother (who is also going to China) went and got ice cream. It was quite fun! I look forward to going and getting to know them better.

On Friday, as many of you know, it snowed! And snowed and snowed! So after turning in my visa paperwork (which turned out to be quite an arduous task), I went out and took some photos. (Are you seeing a trend here?)





Actually, the last one I took earlier in the week at home. And yesterday, I took pictures of Michelle's prom group. Honestly, it was a nightmare. It was freezing cold and I was freezing cold, the light was bad, and because it was so cold my batteries kept dying. Several of the photos turned out very poorly, but most still turned out ok. I will post some of those next time.

Other than that, it's really the same old thing. Some of this I am quite fond of, other things, not so much. But I am very excited to do my booth, and to go to China!

That's all for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the river picture in beaver is my favorite. fyi when it's very cold, best thing to do for batteries is to warm them up prior to use xD

Heather Rae said...

That's good to know! Ugh, by the end of the shoot the pictures looked horrible between my low battery and shaky hands, and I couldn't get the camera on my tripod because my hands were so numb! Bad planning...