Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring Break!

So, I know it's a little late, but let me tell you about my spring break! It was way fun. I went with my brother and his friend Mike and his family. We stayed with Mike's family in Suisun, California. I left Cedar Tuesday around 3:00 for Orem, then we left Orem around 7:00ish. We arrived in Suisun around 5:00 am, CA time. I felt pretty crusty, but it wasn't all that bad really. I didn't get sick which surprised me a lot.

Wednesday, after sleeping for 5-6 hours, we went to a Mongolian Barbecue for lunch. It was very good! Mike and Amy's little Sophie sat with me for some of the time, and the server lady loved her (which was not an uncommon occurrence throughout the trip) and gave her a lemon to play with. But Sophie bit into it, and me, being something of a tease, wanted to see what to happen if she ate some. Her face was priceless! She kept eating it too, which was funny. The lady brought out pummello which is sweet grapefruit basically, and she still ate the lemon. Too funny! She made a huge mess, and I smelled very citrusy. The rest of the day we just chilled at the house and made plans for the next day.

On Thursday, we went to San Francisco! It was super cool. First, we went to Chinatown.




That's me and Carl at the entrance. Here are a couple sights from the stores:





I was carrying Sophie for the first little while, and she would look in at the stores and say "ooh" and "whoa" in her little baby voice. Too cute. Here's a picture of her and Carl doing a little walking:



And Emma, Sophie's cousin, wanted a picture too:



I enjoyed going through all the stores and looking at the wares. If I had my own house, I could have bought a lot of great stuff to make a "zen" house, as I like to call it. I have designed one on the Sim's before and am quite fond of it. Anyway, Sophie had fun in the stores too:



After Chinatown, we made our way to Lombard Street. It was terrifying! Here's a picture of it, but I didn't take it. Well, hopefully the link works anyway: here

Then we went to Ghiradelli Square. It was really pretty and nice, and chocolaty. It's one of those places I would have gotten more out of it I had money and a shopping buddy, but it was neat still. Here's a fountain there:



Then we went to Pier 39. Mostly there was just shopping, so I didn't do a whole lot, but there was a funny magician too and good food, and great views of the Bay. Here's are some pictures from it:








Then we drove home over the Golden Gate Bridge and stopped at the park by it. Here are a few pix:







That concluded the day's adventures. On Friday we went to the outlet mall, which had a bunch of awesome stores like Gucci, Coach, and more, but mostly we went into the baby stores. Which I actually thought was fun. I would have shopped more if I'd had money. Next time I will definitely be saving up beforehand!

On Saturday we went to Walnut Creek, which is a very classy and lovely shopping area. We ate at a fun little diner and looked at a couple stores. That night we also watched New Moon. I vowed never to watch it again, telling myself I didn't like it, but the truth is, I did like it a lot and knew if I watched it again I would want to watch it over and over and over. So, last night I bought it and watched it. Shame on me. Anyway, picture of Walnut Creek, not my own: here

Sunday we went to church and then went to the military base to gas up, at which point I left my purse in the restaurant joining the station. Despite the fact that we left a sippie cup there and thought about turning back to get it, and I thought about charging my iPod but didn't, it remained there. I didn't realize I had left it until Reno, 3 hours away. Amy made some calls to try to find it, to no avail. So I called my mom and had her cancel my debit card. That was kind of a downer, but the trip home was still pretty good until the last 45ish miles. But we made it home safely. I stayed at Carl's apartment that night, much to the confusion of his roommate who saw me, and drove home Monday morning. Carl was very kind and filled my car up, gave me some cash and his credit card. Tuesday I went to T-Mobile and bought a new sim card, and am borrowing a phone form the store until my contract ends April 8.

This weekend, I went on another photo adventure. My best shots of the day can be found here: here

That's all for now! Oh, and check out my new blog that's all about making jewelry!

2 comments:

Heather Rae said...

Links still not working. Here they are:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/heather_raes_photos/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/crovofamily/1351482755/ (Walnut Creek)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sathaporn/1439813707/ (Lombard Street)

Mush said...

I love reading your blog! It always makes me happy inside, even if I have heard the story before.