I know it has been a long while since I last posted, so let me give you a quick run down of my life. These events are more or less in chronological order.
I saw a good friend start giving up on the good things in life until I didn't know how to help, and it broke my heart and still does, though I still see them.
I spent a lovely holiday with my family and gained a renewed love for them. For some reason I can't post pictures on my blog, so I can't show you the ones I took of them. But I love spending time with them and I am so grateful I can be with them forever.
I played my violin for Shalani, who played the violin for Avatar. I saw Avatar. I liked playing for Shalani a lot more than I liked the movie.
I went on a couple fun photographical adventures and had a great time escaping from the world and catching beauty on my camera. If you would like to see those pictures, go to
I got my graduation papers in. I am graduating this spring, though I have a math class to finish this summer. I am very excited to be done with school!
I went on a really fun date that had a really really great time. So far that's all that has happened with that, and as usual, I am planning on nothing else happening, and failing to make the hope that something will happen go away. Now don't get too far ahead of me, my "something else" entails further contact, hopefully a second date, and that's as far as my unkillable hopes go.
My best friend I ever had became engaged. It is very bittersweet for me. Mostly because I am selfish and don't like feeling left behind, and I don't want to lose one of the most amazing friendships I ever had. But I am very happy for her. It also makes me sad because the last time I saw her was a year ago, which is far too long.
I am playing in a quintet with some other musicians that aren't music majors (one isn't even a student)and it is awesome! We sure make good music. We are working on the Shostakovich quintet. Watch this, be amazed.
Those are the highlights of my life. I know, nothing super exciting, but it is good.
Now for the second part of my blog, let me do a little explaining. Just for fun, I decided to make a list of all kinds of things about me. I won't put up the whole essay right now, but here is a list of things of love, or in other words, things that make me very happy. (Please don't read it and think that my priorities are mixed up because I said I love all these things. We all know love has varying degrees and many meanings.)
I love:
Fish, barren deserts, unhealthy baked goods, banana chairs, my big squishy pillow, good music, the violin, my violin Joshua James, teaching violin, modern art, surrealist art, night, sleeping in my underwear :p, trees, photography, shoes, my family, the smell of rain and mountains, the smell of cologne, my bed, the Gospel, water, the scriptures, playing in string quartets or other small ensembles where I alone play my part, my Savior, pomegranates, adventures, flowers, choosing for myself except when I don't want to, adventures, purple, being treated like a lady, cats, connecting moments with people or art, the sky, springtime, feeling like a little girl, creating, Eric Whitacre, Tchaikovsky, Bach, Ysaye, Joshua Bell, depressing music, order and logic when not related to recognized art forms, dreamatic, unbelievable love stories, and life in general.
The end. (For now)
No comments:
Post a Comment