Saturday, February 7, 2009

Just an update.

Well, it's been a while! A lot has happened since a last blogged, though nothing life changing or even particularly interesting. But I will share it all anyway.

First of all, I got rid of the ick from my fish tank! I am glad it's gone, but it ended up taking four fish with it. Henri, Jascha, Fritz and Antonio. I especially miss Jascha, as does everyone else who knew him. But on the happy side, I have three new fish. Sargent Pepper the very lovely calico fantail, Mardi the telescope-eyed goldfish that looks like he has a mask on, and Napoleon orange and white goldfish. Mardi is constantly moving his mouth and often nips at the tails of the other fish. It's pretty funny sometimes.

Other than that, school has been. . . rough. I didn't feel well for about a week and a half and missed a lot of class. I think it's just because I was so stressed out, so I am hoping that now that my recital preview is over, I will be able to keep up better. So I have lots of catching up to do, but I think I can do it! I also had 7 days of opera rehearsal and performance. It was extremely time consuming! But it had its good moments, like eating chocolate and laughing with my stand partner and other people in the group. And there were the parts of the show that I could actually see and hear and they were hilarious! My favorite lines were probably "That must be a fiery passion" and "how dare you mess with my family affairs!" But that would probably not make sense unless you saw the opera (Mozart's The Magic Flute).

Oh, yes, I passed my recital preview so my junior recital is officially on! So if anybody wants to go, that is February 20 at 7:30 in the Thorley Recital Hall. I would love to see you there!

On that note, my friend Tyson took some nice pictures for my recital posters. Maybe you will see them around.

I have also taken up painting. I am not very good at it, but it is very fun! to see an explanation of my paintings, refer to my December 10 blog, a few end of semester thoughts. I have made 2 paintings so far. They aren't really of anything, just paintings. I will post a picture of the first one.

Me and Michelle have have some fun adventures! Check out her latest blog (http://monkeypoomichelle.blogspot.com/2009/02/hilarious-story.html) for one of them. We really have a blast together!

So yeah, that's about it. Oh, and I am considereing going to NAU in flagstaff to get a masters' degree in suzuki pedagogy. But I am not sure yet.



Have fun!

1 comment:

R.T. Vance said...

I swear that you change schools of attendence more then anyone I know besides me... FYI Flag is COLD, better take a big blanket... and a warm sibling.
sounds like an interesting program.

We must have pictures of das fish. Why did you get rid of the tank? Are you doing this so you don't have to clean it?

Gah! I'll be in Sacramento on the twentieth. :S Maybe you could record it? ? ?