Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Best Weekend In a Long Time

Well, this was quite the week! I was pretty busy with getting ready for my recital. On Thursday, I went to school, cleaned the house, made cookies, played at a string quartet for Michael Leavitt's homecoming party, went to a dress rehearsal, and then made the drink for the post-recital reception. It was nuts! Then on Friday, I recruited a friend who went to the store for me, and then we cleaned a little more and cooked a lot more. Then Megan and her friend came and I was so excited! Then we cooked more! Then we ate dinner and then I got dressed for my recital, which was stressful, especially since the dress didn't hold up especially well at the dry cleaner. But it seemed to work fine for the recital. And then I went to the recital hall and brought all the food in with lots of help from my friends and Michelle, and then I warmed up. The recital itself went quite well. My Bach was basically average, my Beethoven started out rought but got better and better as I went along, and my Suk was pretty good. After it was over, it was fun to get flowers from my family as well as some from my studio class, which was a big surprise! I was very excited to get them. Afterwards, I had fun talking to the people who had come to support me. It was amazing to see everyone there. Then I ate some refreshments, took some pictures, cleaned up and left.Chelsea and I posing with our flowers.

After that, me and Megan and Jesse and JJ stole the big Homer doll from an neighbor's house from last year which used to be one of our favorite pasttimes. Then we went to campus and took pictures with him. It was very funny!

Homer riding Old Sorrell.

On Saturday, we were all pretty tired from finishing out fun late and then talking until morning. And then Megan got up early and everybody gradually woke up after her. We then made and ate pancakes for breakfast, then they played a little rock band. Then we went to Wal-Mart to buy things for the dinner John was making for us. Then we went Park Discovery and played, which was pretty fun.

Then we got some ice cream, watched a movie at John's place, at the great stew he made, and then decided to make some dry ice bombs. They didn't explode as well as we had hoped, but it was still pretty fun. Then we went to one of John's friend's houses and played some more rock band, and then because we were so tired, we just went to bed. Jesse and Megan left this morning and I am kind of sad they are gone, but I am very glad they came to visit. It had more fun than I had in a long time.


So, last weekend I came home from watching movies with my friend Samantha to find two dead fish, Mardi and Niccolo. So Monday I went to St. George and bought two new ones, and my brother bought me a snail later. So here are some pictures of my new fish.



Here you can see Frodo the snail, and a little of Sargent Pepper, Merri and Pablo.





Napoleon, Sgt. Pepper, Pablo, Pippin, Arcangelo.


Merri and Pippin, my two new adorable black moors.















No comments: