Friday, October 15, 2010

A Spazzoid Update

Well, one of these days I will get to some of my more exciting summer adventures. But that day is not today. Sorry! Part of the problem is that my computer won't connect to my parents' internet, so it's hard to upload pictures. But today I am going to skip my summer catching up and describe the now.

The biggest news I have to share is this. . . Go check out my Etsy shop! I have most of my necklace designs up and a few of my better photo prints. So, go look! And tell your friends to look! It's the only way I can get the word out about my little shop. www.etsy.com/shop/HeatherRaesCreations You can also follow my blog for updates on things I have made, parties I have hosted, and on occasion, some tips on making jewelry.

I am playing in the community orchestra. On the first day back to rehearsal, people are excited to catch up after the off season. Of course, the first thing they ask me is "Are you in school?" After I tell them I have graduated, they ask one of two questions. Can you guess? If not, let me give you a clue. Usually they ask "What are you doing now?" and sometimes they skip right to "Are you dating anyone?". I know they mean well and are curious and just want me to be happy and such, but it sort of bothers me that people just want me to get married. Not that I am against marriage at all. It's just that there is a lot more to me than my dating life, and I am involved in several interesting things that make me happy, but nobody even asks what else I may be doing after the dating question. But now you will know!

I am playing in a quintet that was started last fall. We had some problems getting a cellist, but now we have a very talented one. The music is top notch. It's the Shostakovich Piano Quintet. I have blogged about this before, but it's just so much fun to make music with people who love being able to make music, and who are dedicated to putting out a good performance. It's almost always the highlight of my week, and that's a positive thing!

Despite the nosy, out of practice musicians on the community orchestra,
(all of whom I still enjoy seeing every week) I really enjoy playing there. I feel like I get to expand my skills while helping out the group in a small way. And that feels good.

I enjoy making my jewelry and working on my photography skills. I have lots of ideas for photos that I need to figure out how to actually do, because they would be really cool. Hopefully with some trial and error (and a cheap pedestal) you will see some of those ideas come to fruition.

I have a great bunch of students. I can say that all but a couple put in their very best efforts to learn. They have great parents and families and I love being a part of their learning process.

I hang out with my family and watch movies with them a lot. It's always a good time. They are my best friends. I have some good friends my age too and am starting to become a part of a good social circle. Life's good!

Also, I have committed to go to China with OSU in the summer. I am excited for a great adventure! (This, by the way, gives me more reason to get word about my etsy shop out there! Every little bit will help.)

So now you know.

No comments: