Friday, May 15, 2009

Earliest Memories

1. what’s your earliest memory? I remember standing in my crib crying at night. I expected my mom to come to help me, and she did, but she was wearing my dad's robe so I was confused. That's it.

2. who was your childhood friend? do you still see them? I think my first childhood friend, well aside from Carl who was my first friend, was Janae. I haven't talked to her in probably a decade.

3. what is your happiest memory? Oh, that is so hard to say. Hm. Maybe junior prom actually. It was the first time I felt like I acted like myself and was accepted for that. It was a really great night.

4. what is your saddest memory? Oh gosh. Um. Well, my earliest sad memory was when my grandpa died when I was 6. I was very very fond of him and was totally crushed. I cried harder than I ever had. And honestly, I am still sad to think I didn't get to grow up with my grandpa.

5. what was your worst punishment as a child? Oh, I was so well behaved that I never got punished. Just kidding. I did get grounded, and spanked a couple times.

6.what was your favourite toy as a child? My little pony! Her name was loveheart and she was turquoise and had pink hair and pink hearts on her flanks. She got lost when we moved here :(

7. what was your favourite book(s) as a child? Hm. I liked The Hungry Caterpillar, I Love You Forever, The books with the little mouse in them (who was my imaginary friend), and that's about all I remember.

8. what did you want to be when you grew up? A mom. Really. I think that was my only aspiration until I started playing the violin.

9. did you grow up with both parents? Sure did.

10. did you get along with your siblings? For the most part, Emilie and I did not get along well for quite some time though. I was very mean to her. And eventually she was mean back, and then we started ignoring each other, and now we are actually good sisters.

11. what was your favourite tv programme as a child? Probably Nature actually. Though I loved to watch whatever Carl watched, which I remember being Dark Wing Duck and Looney Tunes. And Pinkie and the Brain.

12. favourite holiday? Easter. Always was, always has been.

13. did you have any pets? Nope.

14. how did you have fun? Oh, playing cars with Carl, playing ponies with Jenae and Sarah, playing in big snow forts, going on nature walks, going to Cody Park and seeing the peacocks, cutting and gluing things, and just being at home with my family.

15. overall, was your childhood a happy one or a sad one? please explain….. It was happy. I loved my mom and dad and Carl, and Emilie too when she was born, though I didn't like her stealing the attention from me and I ignored her a lot I think. But by then I had friends I played with a lot anyway.

No comments: