Sunday, April 12, 2009

Beauty- Again

The concept of beauty is something I muse about quite a lot actually. Especially in the springtime with the flowers blooming and everything coming back to life. It is a word with so much depth and diversity that even I cannot comprehend it. I have found so many things in the world that I think are beautiful. Here are a few of them, some more serious and or/deep than others. Also check out the first track (well, other tracks too, but this one was picked especially for the occasion) on my playlist for a sample of beauty.








Oops, how did that get there?



*Gasp* I am so embarassed! (This picture is representative of a larger group, by the way.)





Yet of all these things, there is one thing that surpasses them all. It could be the very definition of beauty perhaps. That is the love of my Savior, Jesus Christ. There is certainly nothing more beautiful than that. Trust me, I have looked. I am so fascinated by the concept that sometimes I get distracted from that which is truly beautiful, but I am always somehow reminded of what I know is truly beautiful, and the only thing that can truly bring me happiness. I am so glad to have this knowledge and for all the people and good music, etc., who remind me of it. Though it is always by choice that I am reminded. But I do know that it is only through Him that I will ever be truly happy and have hope of experiencing more beauty than I can now know. And I know He lives. For me. And he knows me and loves me better and more than anyone else, and he has the power and ability to help me learn and grow and become perfected.



On that note, and even though it's a bit late, have a happy Easter!

1 comment:

R.T. Vance said...

You have a thing for dudes in uncomfortable pants.

I like he flowers I can't wait until more flowers bloome. The roses shoudn't be that long :D Then I go out with a squirt bottle and get pictures. :D You should come along... You'd look great soaking wet! :P